POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : we meat - redux [16-bit JPEG2000] : Re: we meat - redux [16-bit JPEG2000] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: we meat - redux [16-bit JPEG2000]
From: Dan P
Date: 11 Mar 2004 19:36:42
Message: <4051061a@news.povray.org>
"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in message
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:47:55 -0800, "Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom>
> wrote:
>
> >> That's like saying im lemon when it comes to tact, or fishburger, or
> >> housetree or coupon when it comes to tact. Meaningless!
> >
> >Well, tact does require intelligence.
>
> No, just blind following of some social pattern. No intelligence
> required in that.

True. We all have to look at things objectively as well as subjectively and
seek to understand first before we judge. One of the things that really
annoy me is when somebody proves some thing right and then extrapolates to
say it proves everything else right. Just as an example (and for no other
reasons but being an example), let's say that a particular event in the book
of Revelations in the bible happens. Some would then say, "See, see that
proves the entire Bible is correct!" That is a falacious argument. It would
be like saying, "Because IMBJR has poor tact at this time in his life, his
work isn't good either." That would be unfair and, as IMBJR said, "stupid".
Some of the greatest men in history would really piss us off if we met them
in person. :-)

--
- Respectfully,
Dan